Whilst most trips into the outdoors go without a hitch, you need to be fully prepared so that if the unexpected happens, that there are measures in place to recognise there is a problem, alert the appropriate authorities and if necessary, enable rescuers to find you quickly.
The New Zealand Outdoors Intentions process (endorsed by New Zealand's search and rescue agencies) provides 3 simple options which enable you to 'tell someone' all the details about your land-based trip into the outdoors.
Outdoor Safety Code Videos - Part 2: Tell someone your plans
* Please note the Outdoors Intentions process has been updated since this film was made.
for full details
The Outdoors Intentions Process:
• 3 options to complete your Outdoors Intentions - including online!
• Helps clarify your trip details.
• Lets your Trusted Contact know what date and time you are due back and how to raise the alert if you don't return.
• Assists search and rescue teams to trace your route and hopefully find you or work out where you might have struck trouble more quickly.
For more information and to complete the Outdoors Intentions process plus other advice and tips to keep you safe, visit the AdventureSmart website >>