A deep dive into tramping incidents in New Zealand
Published July 2018
A Walk in the Park? is the third insights publication to be released following 'There and Back, 2016' and 'A Hunter’s Tale, 2017'. We now dive into incidents tramping incidents in New Zealand. A Walk in the Park? is the most comprehensive insights exploration that we have undertaken. We’ve found richer and deeper data than we had available for There and Back.
Click the cover to read it online
What can you do with this publication?
- Contact us for further information regarding our findings
- Find where it has been used in the media
- Embed or share with your networks
- Use key insights from this document and pair with the following: 'Sourced from The New Zealand Mountain Safety Council (MSC) – A Walk in the Park? - 2018'
Thanks to our partners for their contribution to this publication.
1. The main cause of tramping search and rescues is: Lost
2. The main cause of tramping injuries is: Slip/Trip/Falls