Our innovations awarded at the TVNZ Marketing Awards 2022
We are unbelievably proud to announce that we are the 2022 winners of the national TVNZ-NZ Marketing Awards - Excellence in Marketing Communication Strategy award for our promotion of Plan My Walk.
Being awarded this top accolade shows that it doesn’t matter the size team or amount of budget an organisation has, it’s the creative approach and dedication to go above and beyond that sees success at the end of the day.
As a small not-for-profit team of nine, we work closely with the incredible team at GSL Promotus who help bring our marketing visions to life.
The awards recognise innovative marketing and how the promotional strategy has led to measurable results for the brand.
The judges were impressed with our “outstanding results earned from a small team with limited resources”.
“The sense of purpose in saving lives and helping more Kiwis enjoy their outdoor experience compelled the judges to award MSC the winners. As did the incredible results... an outstanding marketing communication strategy.”
We want to express a huge thank you to our many retail partners, industry and council partners, the NZ media, local councils and regional tourism organisations, research partners, and app developers (Somar Digital), social media influencers, and so many more, that have helped and supported us along this journey.
We would also like to acknowledge our fellow finalists for this award: ANZ, ASB, Mercury, NZ Post, Pizza Hut, Southern Cross Health Insurance and Tonkin+Taylor.
We were also a finalist in the Excellence in Not-For-Profit Marketing Strategy, and we would like to congratulate the winner Rugby for Life.
Thanks to everyone involved
- The small yet efficient team at NZ Mountain Safety Council, our member organisations, board and funders such as the NZ Lottery Grants Board.
- Those who helped make it happen: Our Marketing partner, GSL Promotus, our developers, Somar Digital and research partner, Research New Zealand.
- Key partners in the content and development of our app, MetService New Zealand, Department of Conservation, Auckland Council, Councils of Greater Wellington Region, Marlborough District Council, Taupō District Council and those who are joining the initiative such as Herenga ā Nuku, Christchurch, Dunedin, Ruapehu, Taranaki and more!
- Everyone who believed in us from influencers to news channels and regional tourism operators
- Users of the app. Your input and content continues to improve our app all the time.