Plan My Walk app updates spring 2021
We are excited to announce a major Plan My Walk app update is here, just in time for summer adventures!
The website version of Plan My Walk has already been updated, you can see these new developments live now at www.planmywalk.nz.
The Apple iOS and Android app updates are underway now, these usually take a couple of days to process, you can expect version 2.0 to be available shortly. We encourage you to keep your automatic app update settings on to enable a smooth app update. Alternatively, go to your app store and find Plan My Walk, if the new version is available it will indicate an update is available.
Here are some of the exciting new features and functions, enjoy!
More tracks are on the way
We will be adding in approximately 100 new tracks from the Greater Wellington and Auckland regions. These tracks will go live one by one over the next few weeks - follow us on Facebook or Instagram for updates.
More track descriptions and content
We will be adding more details to the existing DOC tracks over the next few weeks. This process will take some time so check back regularly to see if your favourite tracks have been updated.
Seven brand new videos from our award-winning Tramping Video Series are coming soon. These videos will display on the corresponding Plan My Walk track pages: Kauaeranga Kauri Trail (Pinnacles), Welcome Flat Hut/Copland Valley, Tararua Ranges Southern Crossing, Richmond Ranges Alpine Route, Mt Somers Walkway, Rees-Dart Track and Gillespie Pass Circuit.
New profile and account
Easier management of your account and access to settings.
- My Wishlist - You can save tracks you want to make a plan for later
- Help & Feedback - FAQs and support to help you out
- Profile settings - You can customise your notifications and manage your account
- My Walks - Easily access your past, upcoming, or draft trip plan
- Offline plan - You can download your trip plan as a PDF for access offline (from My Walks
- My Contacts - Easily manage your trip contacts so they're quick and simple to apply to a trip plan
Improved plan page
Simplifying the trip plan experience with sleek new design and additional features.
- Custom trip name - You can create a name for each trip plan
- Daily Plan - For multi-day trips, you can add a start and end location, and daily notes for each day
- Shared trip plans - You can now access a trip plan that someone else has created and added you to. You'll receive an email notifying you, and you can also find those trip plans under 'My Walks', be sure to accept the invitation
Review with photos
You can help others even more with our updated review sections.
- Hut and campsite reviews - You can now add reviews for huts and campsites
- Photos in reviews - You can load up to 3 photos to your track reviews (admin approval required before the photos display)
Earlier updates from 2021
- MetService New Zealand mountain weather hazards were integrated
- Road Snowfall warnings were added to the alerts
Your feedback makes a difference
We hope you'll love the new features and functions! Your user feedback has played a critical role in shaping these updates and continues to provide us with guidance for future development - please keep your feedback coming in!.
Help us share the word!
Contact Design@mountainsafety.org.nz for assets and support.